Other titles for this position may include:
- Chief Engineer
- Assistant Chief Engineer
- Journeyman Engineer
- Apprentice Engineer
- Utility Engineer
- Maintenance Technician
Pay Range: Union – Pay Scale per collective bargaining agreement Non-Union – $15 to $40 per hour.
Requirements and Experience Range: 1 to 3 years of related work experience for Utility Engineer and Maintenance Technician. Apprentice requires 3 to 5 years of related work experience and acceptance in the apprenticeship program. 5 to 7 years of work experience required for Journeyman, Assistant Chief and Chief Engineer.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the physical plant.
- Responsible for administration of staff and/or contract services.
- Coordination and follow through on tenant service requests.
- Involved with financial budgeting as it relates to physical plant operating expenses, utilities and capital improvements/replacements for base building systems.
- Participate/coordinate in emergency and fire life safety response plans.