Commercial Real Estate Fellows Program
This one-year program prepares students to be job-ready in the commercial real estate market. This is your opportunity to enter the field of commercial real estate, an industry that is rapidly changing due to factors such as shifts in demographics and advances in technology.
Individuals who are interested in an exciting career in Commercial Real Estate can take advantage of CREATE’s CRE Fellows Program. This program for undergraduate students runs two semesters (September-May) is specifically designed to provide students with the skills and education necessary to enter the many dynamic opportunities in the Commercial Real Estate Industry. Whether you are interested in a career in Asset Management, Development, or Real Estate, this program prepares you with real life experience, a chance to work with professionals in the industry, and on-the-job training so you can be workforce ready.
- Learn about commercial real estate principles and real world applications
- Building tours, job shadow, and mentoring opportunities
- Professional development workshops and events designed for young professionals in the commercial real estate industry
- Strengthen professional skills that are in demand for any workplace environment including communication and problem-solving skills
- Develop and network with a community of peers, mentors, and leaders in the commercial real estate industry
This program includes eight class meetings, covering topics such as:
- Property Management: Overview/Operational Basics, Major Building Components)
- Leasing & Marketing: Broker View of Leasing Process, Roles of the Owner/Asset Manager/Property Manager, Understanding the Lease
- Asset Management Acquisition & Disposition Strategies, Overseeing the Portfolio, Understanding & Communicating Owner Objectives
- Construction & Project Management
- Understanding Other Property Types: Corporate Real Estate, Retail, Mixed Use, Industrial
How to Apply
This program is currently offered at the following colleges and universities and each manages their selection process separately. Click on the school of your choice to be taken to their website and learn more about the application process:
If your college or university is interested in launching a CRE Fellows program, please contact us.